We are getting ready to learn some new music, and my special yellow 'new music' folder is bursting to the point I'm not sure where to start. If you had one or two pieces of (relatively new) music that every praise band should know, what would it be?

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Hallelujah to my King" Paul Baloche
"Awesome is the Lord" Chris Tomlin

So hard to choose just two, but there's an uptempo and a slower paced one :)
I'd suggest Amazing Grace (my chains are gone) by Tomlin and Giglio, and God of this City by Irish band Bluetree. Both are very fresh and "now".

Just a correction to below: Everlasting God is not written by Lincoln Brewster, but his version is one of the best! Sorry to be pedantic, but if someone goes looking for sheet music, they won't find it if they have the writer wrong.
Two songs that God has used mightily in our fellowship are:

Revelation Song (Jennie Lee Riddle). The extended version on Gateway Worship's Wake Up the World CD is great. It is also on Gateway's Living for You CD. Sung by Kari Jobe. A powerful song.

Adoration (Brenton Brown). This one is really new and is on Brenton Brown's Because of Your Love CD released a couple months ago. He has an instructional video on playing the song and you can hear the song on his myspace page.
This is our God - Hillsong
God of this City - Tomlin
Hosanna - Hillsong United
God of This City - Passion

The power of these songs is undeniable, even the first time the praise team did these songs, it was incredible.
As a general hint, I think Brooke Fraser is going to be the worship-leader/song writer to look out for. Every song's she's written has such an anointing.
I agree. Brooke Fraser has a special annointing, both as a songwriter and worship leader.
Isn't that the name of one of her songs on her album Albertine?
I Need You--Deluge
Whisper His Name-Deluge
Lots of great songs on Hillsongs new CD-This is Our God..especially Desert Song and Healer

I think I'm wearing these CD's to the nubs. Best stuff to come out in a long time.
Our team recently introduced "Mercy" by Parachute Band. Great song, and the congregation seems to respond to it.
Today is the Day and Everlasting GOD by Lincoln Brewster!
I really think Amazing Grace (my chains are gone) by Tomlin is exceptional, as well as Mighty to Save by Hillsong I think.
I'm adding "This is Our God" this week. I really like this song. Even though I'm a huge fan of Ruben Morgan, I wish the CD version had more of Jill McCloghry, she just has such a beautiful voice for that song. She leads it on the dvd version.

RSS

© 2022       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service