Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Mat 5:16

But when the multitudes saw it, they marvelled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men. Mat 9:8

And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. Act 19:17 KJV

Can you worship God outside music and song?

Views: 566

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But a good observation, thanks Wilhelm, they don't do that these days, and probably get hung for it ; but maybe we should do it, with music I mean. :)

Also 1 Samuel 10:5

Interesting comment about not doing it today.  Our Prayer Pastor at church advocates music to accompany prayer as she believes that the Harp and Bowl go together.  Not that they cannot do prayer without it.  Then again our senior Pastor's wife often sings prophetic words or exhortations.

This is delving into a whole different aspect just as Christian entertainment would be another aspect of 'doing it for the money' P & W.

great ideas and great comments 

Dont get me wrong i love music, i actually play drums and  also percussion and been singing for a while now, i love worshipping with instruments but i also got to learn that there is more to worship than  just singing or playing music. 

worship can be given in many various forms but the church has walks with the understanding that worship happens on sunday wen they meet, fellowship and occasionally have communion and also lift up God in music.

its not the style of music my heart is this!!!!! is it what god is asking to give him, there is more to this than what meets worship in song and music 

worship yes has become a big business for other and few pple big stars do concerts to outreach to improvished communities 

worship can be given in many various forms but the church has walks with the understanding that worship happens on sunday wen they meet, fellowship and occasionally have communion and also lift up God in music.

I think we all agree that worship is beyond Sunday meeting. But I don't personally know of anyone who would teach this as the only place. So while I think the core of your exhortation is good - we shouldn't let ourselves get lulled into Sunday only worship. But I can't think of anyone who teaches it. It still comes down to heart worship vs. art worship.

RSS

© 2021       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service