Feedback needed...Would the men be able to worship with this song? Song based on Mary who anointed Jesus' feet.

I've never used this in congregational worship for I always wondered how the men would respond to this song. Would appreciate any feedback.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI4XOfowJqk

Song title: Mary's Song
Text: Luke 7:37 And behold, a woman in the city who was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at the table in the Pharisees house, brought an alabaster flask of fragrant oil, 38 and stood at His feet behind Him weeping; and she began to wash His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head; and she kissed His feet and anointed them with the fragrant oil. (NKJV)

Lyrics:
I will wet Your feet with my tears
I will wipe it dry with my hair
I'll anoint Your feet
With everything that's precious to me
Broken for You
Poured out as a sacrifice
May it be a fragrant offering of worship to You

Chorus:
I will lay down my glory
As I worship at Your feet
I will lay down my glory as I kiss Your feet
All that matters, Lord, is that You be glorified
I will lay my glory at Your feet

Views: 510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yep--and it was based on the same passage. I would have no problem singing verses like this myself Esther, but I'm told I'm a rare breed and don't think it would go over very well with many, if not most, men in the general congregation.
OK, I found the "wet kiss" one.....

.... ohhhh, and the "w" word too. I see.

Perhaps we should have one on the "p" word? [I mean the Greek one mentioned earlier!]
And someone just used the "h" word in this one...
yea, i forgot about that..........personally, i dont like to refer to myself as a whore. but thats just me.
I don't like to refer to you as one either, so it's not just you.
Is this a pride thing?
I hope you're kidding...but if not, no, it's more of a poor taste thing.
Augh! "The Song"! I remember! I heard of a worship leader who had a hard time refraining from his verson...lol: "loves like a hurricane, STINGS LIKE A BEE!" hahaha!
Having heard this very song on Saturday night (I rather like it, though doubt the theology) your comment made me chuckle.
dude, its sloppy and wet..............thats why people dig it. some peeps, but not me.

but thats an old subject.
Dear All,

Thanks for all your feedback! I have to say though, I'm pretty much amused at the way the discussion is going. On top of that, I am also very very much encouraged. This song has been kept on the "shelf" for almost a decade and never been used in a real worship setting. I posted it on my blogsite 2 years ago, and a year later, I got an email from a man...yes, a man...telling me how he stumbled upon my blogsite and how he was blessed by this song. He then asked for permission to make a video out of it.

I will mull over all that has been said, and I hope more will respond to this discussion....ladies included. Wonder what the ladies think now...
Hi Esther,

I think it would depend on the individual man and not men in general, and I think if anyone has a problem with it, then so be it....... 'cos that is one beautiful anointing song that deserves to be used. I absolutely love everything about the song, it is so Spiritual and touched me greatly.

Blessings. Lorraine

RSS

© 2022       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service