I openly admit it - I'm jealous of Jon's new Acousticaster. But alas, I'm on a different track. The Gretsch will come one day, but I'm really liking the idea of a Telecaster. I only have a Korean made clone that is not so good. 

Here's the question - I've played most every brand out there. Suhr would be nice, but they are so pricey and I don't know what you get for your money over Fender. Does anyone play a G&L ASAT classic? It really looks nice. It has the potential for being a "better Telecaster" from what I can tell. 

But beyond that, does anyone have a King Bee or Nash or K*Line Telecaster? I've had my hands on the Nash and K*Line and they seem about like a good Fender, so I'm not sure if I wouldn't just go Fender.

Views: 1600

Replies to This Discussion

Careful w/stainless. I went w/ 6105 stainless and did NOT like the tone. I'd try some examples prior to dropping $400 on a refret, hoping to never do it again, only to result in another $400 refret.

Maranatha!

Rocky Jones

www.CalvaryChapelLouisville.com

If you can buy the ASAT or the Nash (both are great), then why not save up a little more and buy an Anderson or Suhr (which is on your wish list)? Otherwise, just go with a Mexican, Japanese, or American Fender and do some parts swaps. Lastly, as others have mentioned, keep resale in mind - your needs may change in a few years and it'll be easier to sell the Fender than the G&L or Nash or Suhr or (worse from a resale standpoint) Warmoth. That said, have a fun shopping!

Maranatha!

Rocky Jones

www.CalvaryChapelLouisville.com

RSS

© 2019       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service