Greetings all. I'm new here, just found you.

Hope I'm not starting up an old worn-out thread;

are you leaders doing "10000 reasons" in the key of "G" ?

I can do it but it sures seems like the key is too high for most.

Views: 1167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We downloaded it from praisecharts.com and we do it in F.  Though I can sing it in the original key, I'm always trying to be mindful of what works best for the congregation.  You sing it too high, and some will not sing.

We do it in E.

We do it in E as well. Got to give the female voices a break!

I have been over the chord issue a few different ways. I even took fretboard charts and circled triads until I had about 20 or so variations on a major chord. Once I threw out the ones that sounded horrible or couldn't be fretted I noticed a pattern. To keep it simple here was my observation. I take the CAGED chords and throw out C and G because they aren't easily movable. Out of the three that are left I first learned akk the variations (Major, Minor, Major 7th, Dominant 7th, Minor 7th and Monor 7th flat 5). After learning these variations on the three open position chords then figure out how to move them around with Barre's or partials. It will take a month or two to get it smooth but I have found that all the common shapes and inversions boil down to the E, A and D forms. There are exceptions and I am currently ignoring anything that doesn't come from the Major scale but you get the picture.

RSS

© 2021       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service