My wife and I currently worship and serve at a non denominational church in our hometown. However, I grew up a good Lutheran boy. (Yay ELCA!) ;) There are some things that I really miss about being in a liturgical church. One of those is the awareness of the liturgical calendar. As we are in the middle of the Easter season I am aware that my congregation really has done not a whole lot in recognition of Ash Wednesday, Maundi Thursday, Good Friday, etc. Granted I know that because we currently are without our own facilities (we worship at a school campus) it is difficult to do things mid week.

So... I would love to hear about some of the things that you guys have planned for hol Week or other special non Sunday services throughout the year. Blessings, Nick

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

On Good Friday, we're doing a Tenebrae service, with added monologues and Contemporary songs for solos. We have several people in our church who have theater backgrounds and we like to do special things for Good Friday. We feel the day is too important to our faith to just do a normal service.

RSS

© 2021       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service