Please share your weekly (or bi-weekly!) set lists here - thanks!

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sunday, May 31st.

This Sunday was our 5th Sunday sing where we have a program of praise and worship, poetry reading, devotionals, spiritual dances and specials in which the congregation members are able to participate and share their gifts with the whole church. Always a great time of worshiping the Lord and fellowshipping with each other.

The worship songlist for this Sunday was

Blessed Be Your Name (Bb)
Friend of God (Bb)

God Is Good All the Time (Eb)
God Is Good (Eb)

Grace Flows Down (D)
Amazing Grace (G)

The main themes of this service were God's grace, mercy, love and His presence always with us. We also incorporated communion and followed the service with a churh family dinner in the social hall.
When I've been praying about songs for service the last number of times, God has led me in a different direction. Rather than just speak to me about the purpose for that service, He has led me to different passages of Scripture and finding direction there. This last week He impressed on my heart to look at the prophecies of Simeon and Anna from Luke 2:28-32 and 36-38.
I found this progression of themes: Salvation vs 30, Redemption vs 38, Witness vs32, and Thanks vs 38. From these themes I picked these songs...

Here I Am To Worship
Take My Life
Bless That Wonderful Name
By What Name
Thank God For The Blood
Look What The Lord Has Done
Holy Ground
Let It Rain

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service