Mini Song Contest...

To enter...
Post 5 (min 2 max 5) songs that you've written (links etc)

To judge...
Simply respond to someone's post with how you rate their songs 1-5. (1 being your favourite).

Remember you are judging the songs against each other not against other peoples songs.

Feel free to give reasons for your ordering however please keep it constructive and positive.

Have fun!

Views: 1000

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That was my exact order as well! good job .. keep writing

Joe Aiken said:

1. Can't stay here
2. Hold on to you
3. Many things
4. It's time to listen
5. Harvest song

'Can't stay here' has some tuning issues vocally but lyrically it really resonates with my heart at the moment so it's at the top of the list for me!

I hope it is not too late to do this. I would like to let you listen to 5 worship songs. Roughly recorded on my iPhone. I have enjoyed listening to everyone's great songs. This was a good idea.

Attachments:

I could only upload 3 but that's fine
Terrance McCoy said:

I hope it is not too late to do this. I would like to let you listen to 5 worship songs. Roughly recorded on my iPhone. I have enjoyed listening to everyone's great songs. This was a good idea.

1. Burn
2. Dance in Your Rain
3. This Old Cross

Burn and Dance in Your Rain seemed to have the best 'hooks'. A nice feel to the verses for Burn. I would like to have a play through Burn at home, can you send me chords/words?

One thing with Dance In Your Rain, the lyric in the chorus re standing on the feet, I think you are talking about that thing when children dancing on their parents feet but it came across more like you would standing on Gods feet I.e. Like a bad dancer!

Terrance McCoy said:

Hey Joe. It's funny that you say that about Dance In Your Rain. I am having that song professionally analyzed through analyzemysong.com and they have the same issue. You are correct, The line refers to a daughter wanting to stand on her Daddy's feet. I have used this song in many churches and never seem to have an issue with a lyric, BUT when people have the opportunity and time to critique, that area always comes up. I have considered saying:

I want to dance in Your rain, God

I want to dance in Your rain , God

I want to follow Your lead and stand on Your feet

I want to dance in Your rain

* does this change, help the thought in your opinion?

Any other thoughts?

They want to market the song. They really think it is a good song to push. But, I have to push through this lyric bump first.

Here is the "Burn" lyrics

Joe Aiken said:

1. Burn
2. Dance in Your Rain
3. This Old Cross

Burn and Dance in Your Rain seemed to have the best 'hooks'. A nice feel to the verses for Burn. I would like to have a play through Burn at home, can you send me chords/words?

One thing with Dance In Your Rain, the lyric in the chorus re standing on the feet, I think you are talking about that thing when children dancing on their parents feet but it came across more like you would standing on Gods feet I.e. Like a bad dancer!

Terrance McCoy said:

Attachments:
Hey Terrance,
Not sure that solves it for me... I quite like the 'move to your beat' line so it would be a shame to lose it...

I've been working through some options in my head, the best I have so far are...

Move to Your beat, my feet on Your feet (my favourite!)

Move to Your beat Lord and dance on Your feet.

You could use the 'follow Your lead' with either option if you wanted.
Yea, honestly I like "move to Your beat" also. I'm really inclined to keep it as is since it works well in churches. It's really never been a problem. Maybe I could say I WANT to stand on Your feet" to accent a decision I make, instead of an accident? I try to be careful with changes in this song because it works really well in a worship setting. The hook seems to connect. I don't want to lose that.
It can be difficult to change a song once it is in use. All the best with the song. J

How about, "move to your beat and follow your lead" ???  The part that feels like it needs fixing is the part about "dance on your feet" and changing the first part of the line doesn't really fix that.

Charles and Joe,

I made a change and here it is..The "move to Your beat" is the strongest line, meaning I should end with it

I wanna dance in Your rain, God

I wanna dance in Your rain, God

I wanna stand on Your feet, Lord

And move to Your beat

I wanna dance in Your rain

I wanna dance in Your rain

Song: 'Your Majesty'

Song I wrote and recorded at Harvest Valley Church

Attachments:
Hi Eric,
Thanks for posting. Have you got one or two other songs you can post so we can respond (see discussion description)...

Eric Perales said:

Song: 'Your Majesty'

Song I wrote and recorded at Harvest Valley Church

RSS

© 2022       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service