Has anyone come across some good new contemporary christmas songs or new arrangement of tranditionals that sound contemporary?

Views: 6391

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Labor of Love

It may be a bit late in the season, but here's O Come All Ye Faithful and Joy to the World interwoven, with some alternative chording that flows well.  It's just me with a keyboard, singing into a Minolta camera and converting it to CD; but it will give you the idea.

I'm also attaching a chord sheet.  It's unison, the melody unaltered from traditional, with the possibility of obbligato parts, but not traditional harmony, except when "O Come" asserts itself (there, four-part a capella would be great if you've got it). 

Drum style may range from latin-rock to straight rock to funky-ish, or maybe some original style I haven't envisioned!

Enjoy!

Attachments:

We're doing a lot of Third Day's 'Christmas Offering' collecton in their style.  I personally like their version of many of the standards, but their version of "Do You Hear What I Hear" in C#minor is absolutely incredible and was extremely well received last week.  We're learning about a dozen Christmas Carols/Songs for a Nursing Home visit this Friday as well as during the services.

RSS

© 2021       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service