Just wondering what new worship songs from this year (i.e. 2011) have caught your imagination? Is there a particular worship song that was new to you recently, but now seems like you've known it for ages? These songs are often the ones that are congregational and easy to pick up.

Looking forward to seeing which new 2011 worship songs are popular amongst our members!

Views: 12959

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The song "King of the Ages" by Joey Stontz defnitely moved me deeply. I love worshipping to the song. It works great whether a guy or lady leads the song. Youtube Joey Stontz - King Of The Ages if you are interested in hearing it. It is more prophetic. It reminds me that Jesus is really powerful and that we serve an awesome God. He has done great things and great things are still to come!!

Lately our church does the song "Your love never fails" a lot. It starts with the words " Nothing can separate" but I don't know who sings it on the cd.  But the words are so true" God's love never fails.  

its by Jesus Culture

killer group

they redo a lot of other people's stuff

and have some of their own

check 'em out

Yuor love never fails is by Chris Mclarney, Jesus Culture cover it some of his other songs. He's well worth a listen.

Chris Mclarney or Chris Quillala??

Chris McClarney wrote the song. Chris Quilala sings it on the Jesus Culture album.

Like Joe mentioned above, Jesus Culture also cover McClarney's song Your Love is Everything (from the We Cry Out album)

oh for sure! See His Love is AMAZING!
King of Ages is amazing! I never heard of Joey Strontz before, but I'm definitely gonna use this song in a set list soon!
I really like Kristian Stanfill's "Day After Day". I come from a really tragic and difficult past that tends to affect the present, and this song really provides a message of comfort.

I love this one too. I heard it once on a Christian radio station (not mine unfortunately, but my mom's 5 hours away). I had to search for the lyrics online to find out who wrote it and what it was. It struck me immediately the first time I heard it. Beautiful.

I agree with Chris Riddle - Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture is easy to pick up.  It has a great theme and great energy for a moderate tempo song.  I also really like Jesus Saves by Tim Hughes and recently covered by Jeremy Camp.  He does a really good interpretation.  Finally, Chris Tomlin's I Will Follow has been a big hit with our congregation and is a joy to play.

Have fun and God bless -

"All to Us" by Chris Tomlin, Matt Maher, Jesse Reeves and Matt Redman has really caught on with our congregation. The other one that our folks really like is "Lord I Need You" by Christy Nockels, Matt Maher, Daniel Carson, Jesse Reeves and Kristian Stanfill. "I Will Follow" by Chris Tomlin may be our congregations favorite.

We did that one as out new song of the month a couple of months ago and we really love it. We did it in the original key.

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service