I just spent tow days at a conference / workshop singing paperless music and I am wondering if any of you have had any experience with this. It seems to me to be about empowering our congregations to engage in worship through singing, really singing! These conferences are put on by a group known as All Saints Company out of San Francisco and if you go to Youtube search for Music That Makes Community  here is a  link   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7qcqvcm6I 

I was in the minority coming from a large evangelical church for most of the participants led choirs and played organs but I would love to see the mega church model try this on for size. Can you imagine a thousand + voices sing a layered song a cappella? 

Views: 452

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cliff, up at the top of this, Bizzy's post is about re-learning or re-discovering how Christians sang before we had books or projection, still a lot of what you see in Africa and other places where traditional music-making (even with very contemporary sounds) continues.  It's call and response, call and echo, etc., so new people are on the same footing as everyone else.

So this is really style dependant ?  I see more now, thnaks

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service