Just wondering what new worship songs from this year (i.e. 2013) have caught your imagination? Is there a particular worship song that was new to you recently, but now seems like you've known it for ages? These songs are often the ones that are congregational and easy to pick up. Looking forward to seeing which new 2013 worship songs are popular amongst our members!

Views: 14372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is not new but I'll always see it as new.. I Give MySelf Away, I belong to You, Hosanna in the highest
Hillsongs ”Forever Reign” is one I have just recently heard and played the just stays with me.

I love God I look to you.  Such a simple great song.  

We did "Nothing Is Wasted" by Authors Chris Brown, Jason Ingram, London Gatch, Mack Brock, Steven Furtick, Wade Joye, today and I really love this new song.

We plan to do "Come Sweet Presence" by Authors Joseph Zwanziger, Stuart Garrard in a couple of weeks.

Awake my Soul - Chris Tomlin,

Walk in the Promise -Jeremy Riddle,

Closer -Steffany Frizzell

Our Father - Bethel Live

Here's a new one we've been doing - New Creation

Attachments:

I'm really enjoying 'One Thing Remains' by Brian Johnson:

Our 5 most recent:...

Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies) - Chris Tomlin 

10,000 Reasons - Matt Redman 

Where the Spirit of the Lord is - Chris Tomlin/Christy Nockels

I Belong - Kathryn Scott 

Reaching For You - Lincoln Brewster

Our next new one will be "One Thing Remains" - Jesus Culture

God My Rock [Brenton Brown] - very easy to learn, very catchy, very engaging .. but pattern after *this* acoustic version rather than the big-arena-sounding album version: http://www.worshiptogether.com/songs/songdetail.aspx?iid=1963145

Be Lifted High [Elevation Worship] - another catchy, stick-with-ya song. (I like things our congregation walks about singing) ... again, pattern after an acoustic version, found here: http://www.elevationworship.com/album/be-lifted-high-acoustic-perfo...

What I Want [City Harmonic] - videos and chord charts here: http://thecityharmonic.com/video-2/

Waiting here for you- Martin Smith. It seems to be such a 'now' song! And whenever we do it, it seems to draw people into a deeper part of worship, which is always cool to see as a leader!
I also enjoy doing one thirst- Jeremy Riddle. It's a good declaration
Also loving the very new album Zion from Hillsong united. The first song relentless is really strong and I love the bridge in oceans (where feet may fail). the words are:

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters wherever you may call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will made stronger in the presence of my saviour

Haven't tried these last 2 in worship yet, but excited to!

I've really come to love leading Daniel Bashta's "Praise the Invisible" - it's an instant 'classic'... powerful, Biblical lyrics - easy to sing & play... really solid.

My friend David Walker wrote/recorded "Beautiful Rescuer" which is a lovely modern hymn... very powerful

Alex Nifong (formerly responsible for the popular rewrite of "Jesus Paid it All", & played guitar on "Happy Day" & "Beautiful One" by Tim Hughes) has released an excellent, fist-pumping anthem in "Already Won"

And, if I might say so, I've had a successful year leading/introducing my original song, "Your Will", co-written with Gary Durbin, McKendree Augustas, & Bobby Gilles... the chords are currently being added in CCLI Song Select, so it's been requested a lot.  I love that I co-wrote it because so much of it isn't my song that I can lead it as though someone else penned it - it's dear to my heart, but I don't easier grow burned out on it!

Though it's basically a simple chorus, Jon Thurlow's "All that's Inside" has been VERY popular with our youth...

And, lastly, Chris Tomlin's "Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)" is Tomlin at his best.

Our Great God (Heath Balltzglier) and No One Higher (Seth Condrey) are both new to me and full of fresh, dynamic expression.

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service