Just wondering what new worship songs from this year (i.e. 2013) have caught your imagination? Is there a particular worship song that was new to you recently, but now seems like you've known it for ages? These songs are often the ones that are congregational and easy to pick up. Looking forward to seeing which new 2013 worship songs are popular amongst our members!

Views: 14373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a new song I just wrote last week. God bless! I hope the Holy Spirit moves you through this song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOoUsnaVtYo&feature=youtu.be

Here's another one I just wrote. It's called Only Victory. God bless!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sKdtVtswgg&feature=youtu.be

Diggin' Rend Collective's new one, My Lighthouse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhfcv4kH5DE

Thanks to everybody for their contributions to this list... I find myself "back in the saddle" as WL after a ten-year break, and while our pastor isn't insisting we do "songs that people would hear on the Christian radio station," it was helpful to be able to listen to some things and see what 20xx worship songs sound like :-)

We're a Methodist church, so our "contemporary" service has become rather "liturgical" over the past ten years, but I've talked with the pastor and we actually agree that it's time to aim for a "more music, less talk" format :-)  One of the first things I'm working on is... during the scripture reading and the communion service (every week), we've been doing sung "responses," and we're going to get rid of those and replace them with a song that leads into the scripture / sermon part of the service, and another one that leads into the communion part of the service...

Anyway... what I found listening to a bunch of these songs is that there wasn't much in terms of introducing the scripture / sermon part of the service.  "Thy Word" for the 21st Century.  So I'm looking for suggestions for songs (past five years or so) that we could use to lead into that part of the service.  Moderate / slow tempo with a lyrical emphasis on scripture or teaching.  Unpublished songs are okay (we're using a couple of my songs from the 19xx era in this slot to start), as long as we can listen and have permission... we have CCLI and OneLicense licenses.  Short and simple-ish, or at least reducible to that (maybe just sing the chorus or just some of the verses).

Thanks!

MATT REDMAN IS ONCE AGAIN ON FIRE!

check out the entire 10,000 reasons album ...wow

Wow... a little behind the curve, are we? HA. That CD is 2 years old at least - his new one comes out any day now...

And I'm just getting around to doing it Sunday for the first time. I just can't keep up.

and his songs are anointed and powerful. stay with the cool flow and find yourself behind more than a curve.

I was there in 2010(?) when it was recorded - I'm one of the 900 voices you here in the room! But his new CD comes out next week - many worship leaders already have promotional copies.
Latest songs popular with our congregation are "Look and See" by Michael Bleecker & Village Church, & "Made Alive" by Citizens. Both incredibly powerful corporate anthems!

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service