Just wondering what new worship songs from this year (i.e. 2013) have caught your imagination? Is there a particular worship song that was new to you recently, but now seems like you've known it for ages? These songs are often the ones that are congregational and easy to pick up. Looking forward to seeing which new 2013 worship songs are popular amongst our members!

Views: 14373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm also wrapping up an original that I think it going to be VERY corporate - a good follow-up to "Your Will" and "Your Mighty Hand"... looking forward to sharing it all with you.
By corporate I mean that the song was clearly written with lyrical, melodically, & musically for the primary purpose of being sung to God by the church gathered.
Exactly. My debut worship CD as a case in point: clearly a worship album, but most of it was best used as personal worship (to direct your eyes to God during private times through personal listening) and/or use as "special music" - only one of the songs received even moderate corporate, Sunday AM use at churches. My last two - and my forthcoming CD - all written with the church singing them in mind.
This is a song I used at a conference this year which was all about coming home. People seemed to like it...

http://youtu.be/CsKqhSt28X8
Matt Redman's new project, "Your Grace Finds Me" is fantastic! We're introducing Mercy and One Name Alone this Sunday. Also, Vertical Worship's "Open Up the Heavens" has been a great song for us this year!

10,000 Reasons

Forever Reign

Our God

King Of Heaven

Oceans

Overcome

Stronger

Are just a few to start with.

these probably don't exactly count as "new" songs, but I took over as WL at our church after a 10-year retirement, and we've been making an effort to bringin some new-ish songs that people who listen to the Christian radio station might have heard there (I don't think a lot of our congregation does listen to the CRS, but I could be wrong).  Anyway, the "current" songs that have worked pretty well for us have been:

• Forever Light (aka My Beloved) by David Crowder
  • Forever Reign
  • Our God
  • Jesus Messiah - we did just the chorus during the lighting of the advent candles this week, and it ws so nice to get away from doing "Emmanuel" ("...his name is called Emmanuel...") this year.
  • This Is Our God (Chris Tomlin) - our band had a bit of a tough time learning this one, but this is another one that's going to make a comeback at Christmas time every year...
  • New Hallalujah

Maybe a couple others.  Looked at a lot of other stuff, but I can be picky about these things :-)  Our service is still fairly liturgical, we do a three song set at the start and then have songs that "lead into" different sections of the service... right now, I'd welcome any suggestions for songs that let into the scripture & sermon part of the service (we do our opening set, children's time, lead-in song, scripture and sermon).  Of late, we've brought back "Thy Word" to fill in this slot a lot, to give you an idea.

One of our singers is going to do "Oceans" as special music this coming Sunday, but I think it's too slow to use as a singalong with our congregation, we're kinda trying to keep the energy level up in the service.  Plus, for whatever reason, I just don't seem to take to Hillsongs songs very well...

Anyway, there's our list of "new" songs that have worked for us... we'll be adding in some more new songs in 2014, but I'm also try to leave room for some "classic" worship songs and some originals...

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service