Just wondering what new worship songs from this year (i.e. 2013) have caught your imagination? Is there a particular worship song that was new to you recently, but now seems like you've known it for ages? These songs are often the ones that are congregational and easy to pick up. Looking forward to seeing which new 2013 worship songs are popular amongst our members!

Views: 14373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This will be the first Worship service after Easter.  Looking forward to doing Victor's Crown.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2nBOGA6X2g

Your presence is heaven-Micah Massey

Build your kingdom here-Rend collective

Song of Solomon-Martin Smith/Jesus culture

Gods great dancefloor-Martin Smith

You are a refuge-Ben Atkins www.resoundworship.org

I surrender by hillsong is what have been listening too.

Here are some songs that I've been listening to lately. Some of which just came out less than 2 weeks ago! Some of which I may cover with my chords progressions as well. It may take some time to find them as well, as some of these are pretty new.

When we gather by Brad and Rebekah
Christ is alive in me by Brad and Rebekah
Holy Unafraid by Tim Timmons
Hymn of the Ages by Matt Redman (From the Duet album)

looking forward to the chords. bless you

I'll try to get them up! I won't really have anything to record with until after the summer. But, I'm more than happy to send you chords transposed by me if you would like Sandra! Which songs did you want me to get you chords for?

"Great I Am" by Jared Anderson.

Philips, Craig, and Dean covered it that has made it popular on radio. But my friend, Jared, is an amazing songwriter. The first time we did this song I could feel heaven responding. powerful!  

I learned a song last month (May '13) composed by a member here (Ben Juster) for a conference we were both at. (Ben led and I was his bass player)  I have led it a few times in the home group I lead.  Some time in the near future I want to teach it to our congregation.

It is called "Who is Like You Lord."

Here is verse 1 and the chorus:

Verse 1:

We've come to glorify
Our Lord, The King Most High
No other reason than to worship and adore Him
And though the mountains shake
And trials overtake
In Him we are secure for His love never fails

Bridge:

Who is like You, Seated on your Heavenly throne
In Majesty and Splendor, Adonai, You stand alone.

Chorus:

Hallelujah, Hallelujah
Who Is Like You, Mi Kamocah
You are worthy, You are awesome
Yeshua, El Elyon

I am sure if someone wanted to hear it, you could ask Ben to put up an mp3. (he sent one to all us band members to learn from) Since it is his song  I will let him post it.

Lindell Cooley has come out with another CD (Encounter #4) and it has some good material on it. You'll especially like the song "I love you Jesus". Tune is awesome to worship with, easy to sing & play. Musician friendly.
Check out Steve Swanson's CD "Changing the Atmosphere". The very first song is great, easy to play & sing, church folks should have fun singing it as well.

Victor's Crown by Darlene Zscech (written by Darlene, Israel Houghton and Kari Jobe I believe). Incredibly powerful song much like "Revelation Song" in regards to connectivity with congregation. Beautifully written!

We have been learning one over the past few months from Paul Wilbur's album Desert Rain: Behold the Lord.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN5KYPQX5j8

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service