Sometimes during worship, I fail to find words to encompass what I have to say to God in my head. During those moments I can just think of melodies in my head, so I just scat them out, since I sometimes don't have a keyboard/guitar on hand.

So is it alright to scat as a form of worship? Because the Bible warns against babbling and the word "scat" itself means "feces"

Views: 381

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, the point being that you can't find much support for some of this in scripture. There's a whole doctrine and system built around it, but very little is ever mentioned in scripture. And if you look at it's function in Acts, there's really no reason for it to be so prevalent today. Man, if missionaries could only do it, there would be no need for Wycliffe - eh?
Prevalent? Is it prevalent? It sure isn't in my home church............I only once mentioned it to a man in our church and ooh.........let's just say, he was not well pleased, and said it was only given to the apostles (that's another debate though) and how dare I........
How fun was that conversation. We don't have any of it in my congregation either. One can argue for it's reality today vs. the past, but I would have a hard time agreeing that it was only given to the Apostles.
Hey Stevo, we have found some common ground : ) : )

Blessings. Lorraine

RSS

© 2021       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service