Ok - i've decided to go for "Top 5" guitar chords rather than 10, as you can play most worship songs with 5 chords :-)

What are your 5 favourite guitar chords? If you can, please include the "guitar tab" showing how to play the chords - especially if it's a cool way of playing a normal chord...

This should be fun - looking forward to learning some new chords from all of you!

Views: 903

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you are crazy. Every guitar player will tell you that keys with flats are of the devil.

:)

Oh - I can capo? Nevermind. We're good...
you are crazy. Every guitar player will tell you that keys with flats are of the devil.
:)
Oh - I can capo? Nevermind. We're good...

Yeah but you would have to tune down a half step to do the Eb open at the top. I have to agree with your first impression.....can't say I care much for any key that takes away my E at the top. (:
We play "Praise Adonai" in Abm. (Abm --> E --> B --> F#)

Our dummer has had *NO* problems with it...
DMaj7
Bar the 2nd fret With the index- pinky on the 5th fret- Ring on the 4th fret- (also do a hamer-on with the middle finger on the 3rd fret This sonds very nice.

2-l-----l-----l----
2-l(3)-l-----l----
2-l-----l-----l----
2-l-----l--4-l----
2-l-----l-----l-5-
2-l-----l-----l----
Hm..

Been sort of enamored with Blues right now. I find these Blues chords really unique sounding:

E7: 0 2 0 1 0 0
A7: X 0 1 0 1 0
B7: X 2 1 2 0 2 (this B is really neat sound, very "bluesy")

My personal favs are probably:

Am/G: 3 0 2 2 1 0 or 3 0 2 X 1 0 (Matt Redman - O Sacred King)

G/B: 0 2 0 0 0 3 (No Woman No Cry - Bob Marley)

G: 3 2 0 0 3 3 (the "Oasis/Wonderwall" G)

D2/F#: 2 0 0 2 3 0 (Clapton-esque)
Been sort of enamored with Blues right now. I find these Blues chords really unique sounding:
E7: 0 2 0 1 0 0
A7: X 0 1 0 1 0
B7: X 2 1 2 0 2 (this B is really neat sound, very "bluesy")

I am sure you are alternating a pinky with that E7 &A7 tends to be one of my old favorites. I even do Amazing Grace like that, how 'sweet' the sound.
I think the A7 you mean: x02020 (this is A7 dom). There is also x02120 (Amaj7).

I believe the one you list there is a diminished chord. (A7dim)
Great idea for a topic!

My favorite chords are: D, A, E, C and G. In fairness, I would also consider Dsus, Am, Asus, Em, G5 and C2 to be included in these 5 chords because they are just minor variations of these finger positions. Using these chords, a Capo and a bass player to play the bass note, many people actually think I'm a real guitar player!

I'm going to try out some of these chords ... but I'm afraid that my fingers will have other ideas on some of them.

Also, I know we should always be positive and encouraging, but I don't like F and B! I play 'em, but I grimmace when I do!
The proper facial expression for a "B" chord IS a grimmace. I think I read it in Paul Baloches book. I'm almost sure.
Here's a nice A2 voicing: 0 2 4 2 0 x

al
www.everydaypraise.com
I've always played it as a

0 0 2 2 0 x

I like the sound. Seems odd to me everyone is trying to find a 'fix' for it. ;)
I don't think that's an A2 voicing: E,B,F#,A,B -- that's an E2sus!

Construct it like this: The E (022100), the E2 (024100), and the Esus (022200)

RSS

© 2021       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service