I love to read and I am always looking for new material to read. I am a fan of Brian McLaren, Donald MIller, Rob Bell to name a few of my favorites. Oh and I love Anne Lamont!! I think she is my lost twin from a different mother!
I just finished Through the Painted Desert by Donald Miller and loved it though it was very different from his other books.
I would love to hear what you are reading to feed your soul and to grow in your faith.

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exploring Worship-Bob Sorge
Following the River-Bob Sorge
Church History In Plain Language-Bruce Shelley
I have read and reread several times Exploring Worship. I love the book. Great resource for worship leaders and teams. I have learned quite a bit about praise and worship from this book and have even used it as a study guide for our praise team to go through together.
Well I'm going to start reading Why We're Not Emergent: By Two Guys Who Should Be
by Kevin DeYoung & Ted Kluck ..as soon as it shows up in the mail
Let me know what you think of it after you are done.
Ok will do. I have to read it for a pastors study. I have read some of the first chapter online, and have done some research on the topic and am finding that it is a very serious issue in the church.
I'm reading He Loves You: Learning to live in the Father's affection by Wayne Jacobsen.
It's pretty much the best book I've read on relating to God through his grace rather than our works. A quick read and very well written. I will probably end up reading it several times.
thanks for the recommendation I will try to get a copy.
For my own personal time I am reading "lady in waiting" by jackie kendall great book and it totally applies to the season God has me in, I am also about to start reading "this was your life:preparing to meet God face to face" by Rick Howard and Jamie Lash my Pastor recommeded that book for everyone on the leadership at church.
I am reading "Spiritual Leadership For The New Millennium" by Dr. David Yonggi Cho.
I am going to start a new book today. It is one by A.W. Tozer called "The Radical Cross."
I am reading "Cure for the Common Life - Living in your sweet spot" by Max Lucado - its inspirational!

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service