i am confused with wad kind of heart attitude that God Himself wants when we worship Him
and my other confusion is wad kind of heart attitude that God loves when we leading a worship as a worship leader......

i am new in the worship leading ministry in our youth ministry
and i don't know much about leading people.......
sometimes i kinda confused because i have to focused with the music and the people but i also have to keep connected with Him........
i don't know how to set my heart and mind when i as a worship leader.......
i don't want to lead people without knowing wad i really doing......
i don't want to lead an empty worship which doesnt make people feel His presence because of my fault.........
wad should i do......???
i really need help.......

Views: 293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a willing heart and the attitude of hearing and obeying what the spirit will lead you to do. When you worship God, it should be in Spirit and in Truth.. Leading others to worship God is not that difficult, it is done through prayer and intense attitude of a worshiping heart... Be an example of how to worship GOD.. And be sensitive to the flow of the SPIRIT so that your followers will be led as well by GOD..
thanks a lot.......
about in spirit and truth
i don't really understand the word "TRUTH" in this verse.....
i got the idea about the Spirit.....
but not in truth it kinda make me wonder if it's has any connection with my daily life or in wad i said when i worship Him..........
Remember that Spirit and Truth come from the Gospel of John, in the 4th chapter. So it stands to reason that we should look for what it means in the Gospel of John. I did a blog post on that topic here, let me know what you think? :)
Hello,
The fact that you're concerned about this at all shows that you're on the right track. I guess the best 'heart attitude' to have is one of humility and obedience. You have the privelage to be a servant of the King of Kings and are accepted by Him even with all your faults. Remember that and it's hard not to have a humble attitude. Pray regularly for your worship team members (unless you're solo, of course) and the for the youth that will be coming to the group. Pray for inspiration in your song choices and inspiration in playing them. Pray that He show you any areas that are hindering your own worship and walk. God bless you--and I will pray for you as well.
thank u so much......................
i do sometimes forget that He is God that forgiving......(that is one of my problems)
i feel very useless sometimes.......and always make Him sad because of my fault maybe the right word for it is "shame"........
and sometimes the song i choose is based on wad my team suggested maybe i should more sensitive with wad God would like me to use........
thank u so much for your prayer and your advice that actually opened my mind to these things......
Jesus loves you.........and blessed your ministry....
Shiane,
A couple things

1-Romans 8:1 says "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." This was written by Paul, the same Paul who wrote a good chunk of the New Testament, and it follows Romans 7 where this same Paul is agonizing over his own sinful nature. It's a reminder that we can never be sinless in our human bodies and that God's grace has freed us from the condemnation of that sin. There is nothing we have done or will do that is too large for God to forgive. How important do we think we are to hold on to the sin that the Father has already forgiven? I say this both to you and to myself as I have the same issue with shame for what I've done.

2- There is nothing inherantly wrong with playing what your team wants to play. If they want to play something just because it makes them look good with hot solos there may be a problem, but most of us do play with more 'heart' on material we enjoy compared to the stuff we're not that fond of. Many worship leaders try and show their authority by only picking what they want to play with no input at all from their team. As the leader the final say is yours and there are times you will be led to play things that the rest of the team isn't that fond of. It's just not a good idea to do it all the time.

God bless you and your ministry.
For me a kind of heart attitude that God want is a heart that follows his word and a heart that full of compassion in loving him and worshiping him.........Actually leading Gods people is not easy because you don't know what is inside there heart.You must also have a heart that can keep Gods word so that you can enter in the holiest court of praise and dwell with Jesus.
thank you so much for your advice i do really appreciate it..yup sometimes i really wanted to make them feel His presence and just enjoy every moment that God gave......
i do really sad when i see them start to give me the empty looking-eyes or start to get distracted with things or people surround them.......thank u so much for your encouragement.........thank u so much God bless your ministry......
If I were to give ONE answer for this, the answer I consider the MOST important, it's this:

There is absolutely NO WAY you can ever make yourself good enough to serve God. I believe the attitude he wants you to have in your heart as you lead worship is that only HE can make you worthy, nothing you have is good enough.

And that includes your heart. :)

Once you get this, you have great freedom. You realize that things go right because of God's working, not you. You don't have to struggle to make yourself fit or worthy to lead worship. We came to Christ knowing we can't make it to heaven by our own good works or righteousness. Why do we think our own good works and righteousness (or our hearts) will ever be good enough for worship ministry?

My thoughts, for what they are worth... :)
hmmm.................... i see your point but if there are some ways of attitude that God loved the most.........
i agree that no one could good enough but if i could get even more closer to the level he wanted me why not try to i love the way God looked at David worship/offering it was seems so amazing (a man after My heart)(if i'm not mistaken)but i'm not that good to dig more about his heart attitude from bible......
i want to know more but it seems the information provided is limited..........
btw thank u so much for reminding me of all that things......... thank u a lot........
Jesus loves u so much
One thing about worship ministry, the teachings in some parts of it have grown more complicated than the Bible makes it. What pleases God? The heart attitude of faith, indeed, without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6). And if you want to study faith in context, look at Hebrews 10, which is about how freely we can approach God because of Jesus.

Of course there are other things to look at. No doubt about it. But it's pointless to look at other things unless we get the most basic requirement in place - faith! My pastor keeps telling us "Why did God choose that Man would be saved by faith? Because it was because of unbelief that Man fell". I totally agree with him on that. Chew on that and let me know what you think? :)
I think a big part of it is thankfulness too. The Bible say to enter His gates with thanksgiving and enter His courts with praise. I can't tell you how voulnerable you are to the enemies attacks as a worship leader. He will do his best to bring you down, but you can over come that with simple thankfulness. When you start getting thankful God will change your heart attitude no matter what it starts as. There have been many Sunday mornings where my husband and I have had to lead worship and we've started the morning off fighting because we are both tired and the kids are going crazy and not getting ready for church and we're running late. On those days the last thing we want to do is lead worship. Our pastor taught us to always give thanks to God on the way to church no matter what though, and it really works to get us in that right mind set to lead others. We go from focusing on our selves and what we want or think is unjust and focus only on God and all the amazing things He's done for us. We thank him for our salvation, but also for the simple things like running watter, clean clothing, food to eat. I challenge you to try that the next time you are gettin gready for worship. Spend some time thanking God for the things He's blessed you with and see how much your heart is ready to sing praises to Him.

RSS

© 2021       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service