I know that most of us here on WTR have musical hobbies...but what else do we do with our recreation time? What are your hobbies OTHER than music (or collecting guitars, or whatever...) Any coin/stamp collectors? Street lugers? Spelunkers? Gourmet chef wannabes?

My hobbies are ham radio where I enjoy talking to folks around the world (best distance: McMurdo, Antarctica) and helping with emergency preparedness for our community. I also enjoy Geocaching where I use a GPS to go find containers hidden by other geocachers using coordinates posted on the internet. Sometimes this involves a fair bit of hiking.

Looking forward to seeing what other hobbies folks here have...

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm wondering if it is an Asian thing...we had only one DIY shop in our town of 100,000 when I was growing up in Japan...fortunately, it was not that far away from our house, so we could go gift shopping for my dad...
One possible reason is that Singaporeans are encouraged to study, study and study some more in our school days. And if we have free time we are urged to do computer stuff, rather than make things with our hands. This has created a generation of people who can't do plumbing and painting, much less fixing broken stuff.

Sad but true...
I love to garden too Val. We are going to attempt to grow watermelon, beans and lavender. I totally agree with you about it being a stress reliever. = )
I wish I could grow watermelons! I am in Alaska so my tomatoes,cucumbers, and peppers all have to be grown in a greenhouse. But I can grow all kinds of other stuff outside..lettuce, carrots, beets, cabbage, green beans, broccoli, herbs, squash, radishes. Haven't ever been able to get corn or melons to grow up here though...they definately like the hotter climates.
I garden in Saskatchewan, Canada - pretty much the same limitations as you have Val. I can grow tomatoes, cucumber and corn but it's not a guarantee they will produce :-) My husband plans to build me a greenhouse someday :-)
I also love to work in my gardens and see how things will turn out in their season of time, this is one of the times where I spend my time praying to the Lord and thanking Him for everything, like that my knees still work and even when I'm sore after hours of working the flower beds. I give Him the glory when it all blooms, I thank Him for every little plant that made it through the winter.
I enjoy crocheting in the winter and reading.
First of all, you're a turkey! I though of putting a post like this up and then thought... naa. Glad you beat me to it. :)

I really enjoy fishing (fly fishing in particular) and anything outdoors: hiking, camping etc. I'm also an avid knitter and crocheter. Yes, you read that right. ;)
Hey Nick, I could use a cozy for my Boss tuning pedal...:) Actually, that could be a whole new industry.
One pedal cozy coming up! ;)
Why walk on water? I can see my church from where I was sailing when this was taken.

I knew Hood River looked familiar. Do you do any competitions over there? What a beautiful place to live. = )

Lara~
Hi Laura. No I do not compete. Usually when there is a race,I try to stay as far away as possible, and find someplace where theres room to sail. In the last 5 years, the kites have really multiplied on the river, and it is hard to find a place to windsurf away from the kite boars as well. I think they are beautiful to watch..but they take up too much room on the river with the long lines. There are many other things to do in the Gorge though. It is so beautiful here. It is a beautiful day today, and I have a great view right now of Mt Adams with a full snow-pack. They are probably haveing a great time on both mountains, but I do not ski or snowboard.

RSS

© 2021       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service