Wrote 2 very different sets of music to Psalm 121. They've been written for congregational worship. Have received interesting feedback as to which is preferred. Would like to know what others think. What better place than WTR for this :-) Thx in advance. 

Faster Version with full band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PubZZndEA8&p=4D0533BC00E40EA4

Slower Version with piano:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm-0BDYuAsA&feature=related

Psalm 121 (NKJV)
A Song of Ascents.
1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills— From whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. 3 He will not allow your foot to be moved; He who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, He who keeps Israel Shall neither slumber nor sleep. 5 The LORD is your keeper; The LORD is your shade at your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day, Nor the moon by night. 7 The LORD shall preserve you from all evil; He shall preserve your soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve your going out and your coming in From this time forth, and even forevermore.

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Esther,

I've heard several worship songs about this section of scripture, though none encompassing the whole thing.  Neither is what you'd call the normal modern CCM worship song--which isn't necessarily a bad thing!  My thoughts, for what it's worth from a saxophone player with no experience at all in writing songs, is that the slower version works much better as a song and is more pleasant to listen to.  The faster one seems too wordy and repetitive to me and there's no place for the congregation to 'catch their breath'.  As I ALWAYS tell my worship leader, "I think it needs an instrumental section." 

God bless you,

Mike

Hi Michael,

Thanks for feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to listen. And yeah, I think an instrumental section would be nice :-)

God Bless you,

Esther

RSS

© 2020       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service