Each month we share our worship set lists with other members by simply copying and pasting our lists below. Please join us in sharing your worship set lists for December 2011 here.

This is a valuable resource as it's a great way of getting new song ideas to include in our own set lists. Please feel free to include as much (or as little) detail as possible - i.e. song name, songwriter name (e.g. artists name), when the song was written, what key you play it in, how the song "went down" with your congregation, how you merged it with another song betc.

You can post worship set lists from your Sunday services as well as any mid-week, cell group/house group meetings.

Thanks for participating!

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For Dec. 18th -

Your Love                                             (original - by our Pastor)
You Are The Living Word    3176067    Fred Hammond, Noel Hall

Hi All,

OK, this is the first time I've posted in this forum.  I'm not really sure why any of you would care which songs we did last week - but here they are.  There are 2 sets of songs, separated by the preaching time.

You may think my song list is outdated -- well, compared to ya'll, I guess it is!  These are songs from the 2000's, 90's, 80's and sometimes earlier.  I, for one, really don't care whether the song was written yesterday or 100 years ago.  I care about what is *says* and how good the music is; that's it.  Also, I still love many worship songs which are decades old -- so I tend to "help others to love them, too."  :)   With that being said, here are the Songs, Keys and Tempos (we play with a click).

By the way: My Savior Lives (2006 Vertical Worship Songs - Jon Eagan, Glenn Packiam) is now a favorite with our people, and we just started doing "With All I Am" (Hillsong 2003) - and it's going over well - people are really responding to the chorus. :)

--------------------------------------------
Come Now is the Time to Worship D-E 132
The Lord Reigns (Gateway) G-A 122
My Savior Lives G  130
Made Me Glad C 106
Pure E 86
With All I Am E 76
We Exalt Thee F 110

Holy Ground D-E 77
Calm Assurance E 104
I Give You My Heart G 94
Holy Is the Lord (Tomlin) G 107
Garment of Praise A 86
--------------------------------------------

Bless you and love forever,
David Straley
Worship of Heaven Song-Sharing Ministry

God bless all.... 

I usually mix the old with the new for instance;

YOU ARE THE FIRST AND THE LAST

I AM FREE

OH HAPPY DAY

TRANSITION TO WORSHIP....

I WILL FOLLOW

BEAUTIFUL JESUS

PRAISE AND ADORE YOU

ALL OF CREATION..

OFFERING...  OH PRAISE HIM..

Hope this assist..

Chris

Fusion Miami Church of Homestead

For our Dec. 18th evening service -

I Will Follow - Chris Tomlin     Mark 1:16-31

The Way - Jeremy Camp

O Come O Come Emmanuel - PD     Isaiah 7:14, 9:2, 9:6-7,

O Come All Ye Faithful - PD

What Child Is This? (Offering Instrumental) - PD

Rejoice - Chirs Tomlin     1 Peter 2:9-12

The theme, an emphasis on Jesus as both fully God AND fully human.  I took some helpful pointers from other forums on WTR, keeping the songs in keys between G and D.

I end up using my capo quite frequently, although with this particular set we only used it on The Way in Bm, (I try to get away from playing Bm on my guitar if I can by doing capo 2 and by playing an Am).  I only stay with the G C D chord pattern if there is bass note walking to be done between chords, and sliding the capo around within the first 4 frets allows for some sharp and flat key options.  It is hard to get out of the E A B pattern as well, but these intervals seem to be what a majority of songs are written in.  There are some songs that must be played in Bb or C or even D, along with all of the bar chords...  When I find myself having to go past the 5th fret with the capo, it's time to find a different chord progression without the capo.  I build the songs based on what I can play without looking at my hands, by what the comfortable congragation key is, and what will be the simplest and most practical use of my talent without bringing glory to myself.  I realize that many others do not begin with the guitar, but rather build the song set around what the original key of the song is or what he or she may be comfortable singing.  Knowing how to transpose is such a vital tool that so often becomes neglected in leading the congregation in worship!

Of course there's a lot more to the above-mentioned service than just the Bible verses next to the songs.  The pastor and I have worked well together in formulating what best compliments the service - worship to message.  This seems to resonate well with the congregation as far as I can tell, and overall keeps the focus on the respective message.

Days of Elijah
announcements
rain down
your great kindness (Will lead)
more than life

AM: just a little talk with jesus
announcements
freedom reigns
better is one day
great is your mercy 

Am: Send It on Down
Announcements