B. Gods communication with us.
1. Psalm 103:7 He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel
2. The difference between knowing someone as a friend and knowing someone because you have their resume’
C. Direction & vision in ministry
1. Proverbs 14:12 there is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.
2. Proverbs 3:5-8 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge… Continue
Added by Gary Trobee on November 1, 2008 at 3:30pm —
IV. Why we should pray
A. To seek Gods face
1. Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
2. Psalm 27:8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek.
3. God’s greatest desire from us is for us to love Him. Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. We only seek God’s face out of a heart of love and that’s pleasing to Him. II Corinthians… Continue
Added by Gary Trobee on October 31, 2008 at 3:30pm —
C. Gifted people can get a lot of “ministry” done in the kingdom of God just through their personal giftedness.
1. The problem is we then tend to rely on our personal giftedness to get the “Ministry” accomplished, and often times a lot gets accomplished! But not in comparison. When we work “we” work but when we pray God works. E.M. Bounds
D. Time Pressures
1. In life there are lots of things trying to eat up your time. (work, family, ministry, friends, activities, relaxation, TV,… Continue
Added by Gary Trobee on October 29, 2008 at 3:30pm —
B. We don’t expect anything to happen.
1. One of the greatest deceptions the enemy wants to pull on us is that our prayers don’t work.
2. That’s why the word of God constantly exhorts us about the necessity persevering in prayer. (Satan doesn’t want us to communicate with God because then we will see things happen)
a. Luke 11:5-13 Then he said to them, “Suppose one of you has a friend, and he goes to him at midnight and says, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, because a… Continue
Added by Gary Trobee on October 27, 2008 at 2:30pm —
III Why don’t we pray much?
A. We haven’t seen the importance of prayer in the lives of major New Testament Characters.
a. Ephesians 6:18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray… Continue
Added by Gary Trobee on October 24, 2008 at 2:30pm —
This is the shortest of the four:
II Prayer in the Jerusalem Church
A. Acts 1:14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers.
Acts 2:42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
Acts 6:4 and will give our attention to prayer and the ministry of the word.”
Added by Gary Trobee on October 23, 2008 at 7:00am —
My friend Ken Verheecke is a full-time musician who travels to churches all over America playing concerts and selling his CDs. He’s got a huge heart for people and is a fantastic musician.
This past weekend he was driving to a gig in Cody, WY when the engine blew on his car. He drives a Toyota Corolla, nothing fancy. The repair costs are astronomical ($8600 for a new engine from Toyota, and so far the cheapest used engine they’ve been able to find will run $5900).
As you… Continue
Added by Gary Trobee on October 22, 2008 at 5:04pm —
This is something I picked up at a conference a long time ago and it had a great impact on me. I will post parts over a few days so you don't have to eat it all in one bite. I hope you enjoy it.
The Prayer Life of a Worshipper
A. Worship is a lifestyle, not just a few minutes on Sundays!
1. I Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
2. Colossians 3:17 And whatever… Continue
Added by Gary Trobee on October 21, 2008 at 2:30pm —
I had the great pleasure of playing on the worship team at Mountain View Community Church in Canon City this morning.
We had a great time. As soon as I walked through the doors I felt at home. Pastor Benny is amazing. He love God and God's people. They are just getting started but I know God is going to grow them in so many ways. I get to play again next weekend and then back to New Life.
God is so good.
Added by Gary Trobee on October 20, 2008 at 1:43am —
Counting On God official E-Card
Check it out.
Added by Gary Trobee on October 14, 2008 at 6:00pm —