IV. Why we should pray
A. To seek Gods face
1. Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
2. Psalm 27:8 My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, LORD, I will seek.
3. God’s greatest desire from us is for us to love Him. Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. We only seek God’s face out of a heart of love and that’s pleasing to Him. II Corinthians 5:9 So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.
4. It would be shame to do ministry for God all of our lives and never come to know Him.
a. Martha vs. Mary syndrome
b. It’s part of developing a “secret history” with God. Everything else in ministry flows out of this. If you’re in ministry it’s probably because you fell in love with Him & formed a relationship…… time has takes the shine off if we don’t keep it up.
5. In life often times you will be overwhelmed with all the tasks at hand. When that happens, there is only one place to go….the prayer room and seek His face.
a. Pastor Cho- “Pray and Obey” ( 50,000 home churches)
b. To receive wisdom & revelation from God