B. Gods communication with us.
1. Psalm 103:7 He made known his ways to Moses, his deeds to the people of Israel
2. The difference between knowing someone as a friend and knowing someone because you have their resume’
C. Direction & vision in ministry
1. Proverbs 14:12 there is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.
2. Proverbs 3:5-8 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.
D. We can’t rely on our own intelligence.
1. In dealing with people.
2. As we pray God will give us direction in dealing with people with boldness & compassion. Ephesians 4:15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
E. For Impartation from God to be released among the people you are leading.
1. Preaching and or teaching by itself will not bring change in peoples lives to a great degree.
a. It takes more than a command to produce fruit.
2. Authority in prayer and laboring in the secret place over people will produce more lasting fruit in their lives than teaching on it for years.
a. Pray that God will raise up the people you need in specific places.
3. God creates and imparts more things through prayer than by any other means! Prayer has more power to make things happen than preaching, organization, administration, programs, music, personalities, etc………
F. To receive direction from God.
1. The most significant things that God has done with us have come in the place of prayer.
2. God will direct us to things and away from things when we are devoted to prayer.
G. Spiritual Warfare
1. Daniel 10:12-14 “Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come.”
a. Prayer is the beginning of spiritual warfare
b. The battle of spiritual warfare is won through persevering in prayer.